Our Vision, Mission, & Core Values
To bring hope to the City with the Gospel one person and one family at a time.
To equip each member of New City Church with biblical precepts of family, church, society, worship, discipleship, evangelism, fellowship, leadership, and stewardship so that they may be able to teach and equip others with the Gospel to impact the City.
- The Word of God is never compromised. ( 2 Timothy 3:16)
- Prayer becomes a tool for accomplishing things on earth as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:9-13; Ephesians 6:18; Philippians 4:6; John 17)
- Compassion for culture means that Evangelism and Discipleship are love acts not intrusive acts. At New City we are intentional in expressing God’s love to the lost. We understand that we are introducing people to the God that requires no background check. (John 13:34, 35; John 3:16; Matthew 28:19, 20; 1Corinthians 13; Ephesians 4:12-16; Acts 13:1-5; Acts 1:8)
- Understand culture is to exegete both in Scripture and culture. New City believes that equipping a lost culture with the proper understanding of Scripture is a priority of the church. An equal priority is to understand the heart language of the culture that we are attempting to reach. (Jer. 29:4-11)
- Relevant to culture New City’s compassionate audience are those individuals who are 50 and below, the Hip-Hop culture. Our desire is to become a multicultural, multiethnic church. New City will convey an unchanging and relevant gospel message to the cultures we have been called to reach. All ethnic groups and cultures, regardless of age are welcome at New City. Everything we do at New City will seek to target our compassion audience. (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8)
- Live Sent is God’s agenda for the each believer to live the biblical precepts of God by totally surrendering to the comprehensive will of God in every area of life. New City Church believes God has authorized His will to operate in four realms, the person, the family, the church and culture. At New City Church, members are taught biblical principles that will assist them on how to live their total life under the authority of God’s agenda. (Galatians 5:16; Col 1:1-29; 1Thessalonians 1:1-10; Ephesians 1:15-23; Ephesians 4 – 6)